I received an invitation from De Culinaire Werkplaats (Read about my 1st introduction to this place HERE ).
I would have chosen De Culinaire Werkplaats to win the Puur Restaurant Week last year for sure (Read what I wrote about that HERE) , but as one of two founders/owners Eric Meursing told me; It’s okay, we’re not a restaurant anyway. And that’s true. De Culinaire Werkplaats (The Culinary Workingplace) is a guaranteed unique food experience.
Curious? Cool! ‘Cause founding mother Marjolein (Wintjes) and founding father Eric allowed me to share my invitation with YOU, my dearest readers…..
De Culinaire Werkplaats presents; The Naturalists, a food=fashion forward dinner experience.
Have you ever put your teeth into a colour and texture forecast?
From 20 ’till 28 January 2012 you can experience an unforgettable “food=fashion forward dinner experience” at De Culinaire Werkplaats. For the 6th time this artistic eating initiative in Amsterdam is one of the participating locations of the DownTown programma (The DownTown programme) of the Amsterdam Fashion Week. This years’ project is called; The Naturalists. Especially for this Amsterdam Fashion Week culinary designers Marjolein Wintjes and Eric Meursing have created a tasty foodspecial and a few collages in which they “caught time in a colour and texture forecast for fashion fabrics in food in 2013 and after“. The result is an exciting food=fashion discoverytour in which the relationship with nature is central, in order to ask attention for our vulnerable ecosystem.
Food equals fashion; the naturalists.
- The foodspecial consists of 5 dishes; 3 savoury followed by 2 sweet. The 5 dishes are a playful interpretation of a colour and texture forecast in which the global trends new romanticism, nesting, down-to-earth, new landscaping and ethnic chic will reflect.
- The exposition in movement exists of collages and contains amongst others samples of edible conceptual fashionfabrics and colour/texture code per trend. As always it’s an exposition in movement, which will continue to develop itself during the fashion week, so you can also experience “the making of”.
- When? January 20, 21, 25, 26, 27 & 28 2012;
- Openinghours? Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 17.00 – 22.00 h & Saturday from 12.00 – 22.00 h;
- Outside openinghours? After reserving open on appointment for groups of minimum 15 pax;
- Where? De Culinaire Werkplaats is located at the Fannius Scholtenstraat 10 huis, 1051 EX Amsterdam, The Netherlands;
- Reservation? Yes, please! Dial 0031-(0) 6 54646576 or send an e-mail to email@example.com;
- Price? You decide afterwards. For any eatingexperience at the Culinaire Werkplaats YOU decide what your experience was worth. Visiting the exposition is for free.
- More info? www.deculinairewerkplaats.nl
They definitely got me curious. I still don’t know what to expect, I think I just need to pass by and try ‘n taste.
How about you? If you decide to go too, please come back here and share your experience with us!