The recipe is so simple you can’t ..eeh…mess up.
Actually, there are numerous recipes (and pronounciations of the dish too) and when you get the hang of it, you can start playing around.
I simply make sure I usually have a can of corn on stock, flour, an onion and an egg or 2 are usually present at home too.
Okay so let’s try my grandmoms recipe that can’t fail:
- a can of corn
- a small onion
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- some pepper
- some parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons of flour (I generally “don’t do” measurements, work on feeling! Don’t stick to just 2 tablespoons ifyou think you need more. The dough should be thick enough!)
- (sunflower) oil
Cara membuat (How to cook):
- Chop the onions and parsley finely
- Beat the eggs and mix all ingredients
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok
- Fry a tablespoon of the mixture until golden brown and let it drain on kitchen paper
- you can make a few “cookies” or patties at the same time, just make sure they don’t stick together.
TIP: Next time vary with Coriander/garlic/chilli/red or spring onion/ or add some shrimps…
P.S.: These corn cookies taste good with anything!